Check out this website for Young Adult Literature!

Check out The Pennsylvania Dept. of Ed's cool YA website: http://palibraries.libguides.com/content.php?pid=261432&sid=2159888

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Walk to Remember

By Nicholas Sparks
Reviewed by Ashely P., BCCHS student

A Walk to Remember is a wonderful book by Nicholas Sparks who writes about two young teens that fall in love with each other. The main teens are Landon, a popular guy who basically does whatever he wants, and Jamie a girl that was born in her dad’s church and is an intelligent student who doesn’t really care what people think. These teens wind up getting stuck with each other in a school play, and they soon get to know each other and fall madly in love. I recommend this to anyone who has an interest in romance and tragedy. Other authors who talk about love and death at same time don’t really have it quite down like Nicholas Sparks. This author really puts you into his own book, and you feel like you’re actually there.


One of the quotes from the book that really stuck in my mind was when Landon said, “Our love is like the wind, I can’t see it but, I can sure feel it.” It made me go back to a friend of mine that passed away that I had a really close connection with.

This book is going to give you some happy tears and some sad tears. It gave me mixed feelings.  I give this book 5/5 stars. I think maybe people who like love stories would really want to read this book. I say maybe 10th graders and up would appreciate reading this book.  Again, I really recommend that teens read this book. Trust me you’re not gonna want to put the book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment