Check out this website for Young Adult Literature!

Check out The Pennsylvania Dept. of Ed's cool YA website: http://palibraries.libguides.com/content.php?pid=261432&sid=2159888

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dark Places

By Gillian Flynn

Reviewed by Jazmine L., BCCHS student 

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn is about a girl named Libby Day. Libby Day was only seven when she lost both her sisters and mother in “The Satan Sacrifice of Kinnakee, Kansas.” After seeing her family laying there all cut and stabbed, bleeding to death, she runs to a tiny little farmhouse, freezing in the middle of January. You will never believe who killed her family.

My favorite quote from the book is, “I have a meanness inside me, real as an organ.” I like this quote for many reasons, but I believe it means that she has so much pain and hate against someone who hurt her.

The best thing about this book is that it has so much mystery and suspense. I personally recommend it to everyone who enjoys a good mystery. You will also see how Libby thinks and feels, what she thinks of everyone, why she’d rather be alone, and why she has so much hate. I rate this book a ten, because I love how she is, the way she sees people, and how she doesn’t care about anyone other than her mother and sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment