Check out this website for Young Adult Literature!

Check out The Pennsylvania Dept. of Ed's cool YA website: http://palibraries.libguides.com/content.php?pid=261432&sid=2159888

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snitch

By Allison van Diepen
Reviewed by Gloria X., BCCHS student

I have to admit, Snitch is one of my favorites.  Since the first day I saw it and my teacher told me about it, it got my attention.  This story is basically about how this girl named Julia started high school.  Before starting school, she made a pact with her friend Q to never be part of a gang and stay in school.

At the beginning of the story, Julia gets sent to the dean’s office for making a stupid comment.  That same day she meets this cute guy named Eric Valiente.  After time passes she starts talking to him, but things start to change in South Bay High School.  A lot of arguments are going on between her and her friend, and despite her pact, Julia begins to feel that she has no other choice but to join a gang for protection.

I think most teens, such as high school boys and girls, will like this book because it talks about how things in high school change, and although you try to stay on the right path, things don’t really work the way you want them to.

One of my favorite quotes was, “He kissed me again, taking my breath away. It thrilled me and scared me at the same time.” I chose this quote because it reminded me of me and my boyfriend. That first day we started talking.  When he kissed me and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I recommend this book to everyone, and to be honest, this is the first book I’ve liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment